Dry Ice Blast Cleaning
Polar Blast is the premier provider of Industrial Dry Ice Cleaning Services in the UK. Our experienced and certified contractors specialise in a wide range of cleaning for residential, industrial and manufacturing units across the UK. We are devoted to providing effective solutions that meet your needs – from removing paint layers up to sterilizing surfaces. No matter what kind of project you have at hand, our knowledgeable team will assist you every step of way with superior service backed by full insurance coverage.
Discover why Polar Blast has been trusted as one stop hub for all dry ice blasting services across UK today!
What Is Dry Ice Blast Cleaning
Dry-ice blasting is a revolutionary form of carbon dioxide cleaning, leveraging the unique nonabrasive and eco-friendly properties of dry ice. This method accelerates solidified Carbon Dioxide into an air stream to clean surfaces; it results in efficient surface treatment while being safe for use as per EPA, FDA & USDA approved regulations. It’s an especially appealing alternative to other media blasters such as sandblasting or plastic bead blasting – not only is it more effective but also less harmful overall!
Dry-ice blasting offers an effective and efficient way to clean surfaces while minimizing any potential risk of exposure. This process does not generate hazardous or chemical residue, ensuring that the environment is maintained safe from further contamination; with simple sweep up, vacuumed or even washed away removal techniques for dislodged media as well.
How Does Dry Ice Blasting Work?
Dry ice blasters blast carbon dioxide pellets or MicroParticles at supersonic speeds using compressed air. These pellets/particles then sublimate on impact and lift dirt and contaminants off the underlying substrate.
What Is Dry Ice Blasting Used For?
Dry ice blasting is a non-destructive solution for cleaning, surface preparation, and parts finishing. Dry ice blasting does not require water or cleaning chemicals and does not produce secondary waste. Dry ice blasting (cleaning) can be used in industries like aerospace & aviation, automotive, contract cleaning, food & beverage, plastics & composites, restoration, textiles, and more. Common applications within these industries include adhesive removal, coatings & corrosion removal, composite tool cleaning, remediation, parts finishing, and surface preparation. As you can see, dry ice blasting can be used for a wide range of applications.
What Are The Key Benefits Of Ice Blasting?
- Reduce downtime Significantly quicker process leads to increased production time.
- Increase efficiency Clean equipment online, while eliminating need for cooldown and disassembly.
- No secondary waste Dry ice blasting does not produce secondary waste streams, residue or moisture.
- Non-abrasive Dry ice is a soft media that will not harm substrates.
- Improved part quality and reduced scrap Cleaner machinery and tooling results in higher quality products.
- Environmentally sustainable Dry ice is made of recycled CO2 and does not add additional CO2 to the atmosphere. It also significantly reduces water use for sanitation.
- Operator safe Eliminates need for chemicals and repetitive, manual processes.
- Non-toxic and non-conductive Dry ice is a food grade media and is safe for commercial use.
- More efficiently allocate labor The process reduces time, labor and resources needed.